DSCF4587.JPG GibraleónThumbnailsHuelvaGibraleónThumbnailsHuelvaGibraleónThumbnailsHuelvaGibraleónThumbnailsHuelvaGibraleónThumbnailsHuelvaGibraleónThumbnailsHuelvaGibraleónThumbnailsHuelva
A railway formerly ran from Gibraleón, north of Huelva, to Ayamonte - just across the River Guadiana from Vila Real in Portugal. The line was only built in 1936, and closed in 1987. Just west of Gibraleón the line crossed the River Odiel on a steel bridge. This has been removed and replaced by a footbridge, but this monument to the old bridge Monumento al Puente de Hierro has been built nearby.