20200613_115305.jpg Walton Old JunctionThumbnailsWalton Old JunctionWalton Old JunctionThumbnailsWalton Old JunctionWalton Old JunctionThumbnailsWalton Old JunctionWalton Old JunctionThumbnailsWalton Old JunctionWalton Old JunctionThumbnailsWalton Old JunctionWalton Old JunctionThumbnailsWalton Old JunctionWalton Old JunctionThumbnailsWalton Old Junction
Taken from the footpath that runs alongside the railway over the River Mersey bridge, looking north-eastwards. The two main running lines here are known as the Helsby Lines today, but the route here was originally built by the Grand Junction Railway (GJR), opened in 1837. Diverging to the right, at Walton Old Junction, are the Arpley Branch Lines towards Arpley Junction. The embankment to the left is Manchester Ship Canal Railway Deviation No.1, now the West Coast Main Line, descending from its bridge over the River Mersey towards Warrington Bank Quay station.