20200621_152924.jpg Latchford High Level bridgeThumbnailsLatchford High Level bridgeLatchford High Level bridgeThumbnailsLatchford High Level bridgeLatchford High Level bridgeThumbnailsLatchford High Level bridgeLatchford High Level bridgeThumbnailsLatchford High Level bridgeLatchford High Level bridgeThumbnailsLatchford High Level bridgeLatchford High Level bridgeThumbnailsLatchford High Level bridgeLatchford High Level bridgeThumbnailsLatchford High Level bridge
Looking westwards from Latchford High Level bridge, the original 1853 alignment of the Warrington and Altrincham Junction Railway ran through here where the open area and building is, until it was replaced by Railway Deviation No.3 at the time the Manchester Ship Canal was built. The Ship Canal is out of view on the left. Though closed to through traffic in 1893, tracks remained in use here by the Ship Canal company until the 1960s to serve premises alongside the Canal.