Paul Steane's Photography Pages

20150523_145746.jpg GrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsarghGrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsarghGrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsarghGrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsarghGrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsarghGrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsarghGrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsargh

The Plough Inn on Preston Road in Grimsargh, looking roughly towards Longridge. The trackbed of the Preston & Longridge Railway follows the footpath to the left. The Inn was used as a station booking office from the line's opening in 1840 until 1870 when a purpose-built station was opened on the opposite side of Preston Road. The line opened in 1840 and closed to all traffic here in 1967.