Paul Steane's Photography Pages

1136/4112
Home /

Grimsargh

20150530_153224.jpg LongridgeThumbnailsBrabiner LaneLongridgeThumbnailsBrabiner LaneLongridgeThumbnailsBrabiner LaneLongridgeThumbnailsBrabiner LaneLongridgeThumbnailsBrabiner LaneLongridgeThumbnailsBrabiner LaneLongridgeThumbnailsBrabiner Lane

To the left of the Plough Inn was the route of the Preston & Longridge Railway heading towards Longridge. Far left was the station for the Whittingham Hospital Railway. The Preston & Longridge Railway closed to passengers here in 1930, and to all traffic in 1967; the Hospital Railway closed in 1957 but carried staff and visitors for free until then. The Plough Inn was the Preston & Longridge Railway's booking office from the opening of the line as a horse-drawn railway in 1840 until a purpose-built station was opened in 1870.

Visits
334
Rating score
no rating
Rate this photo