Looking south-eastwards from Wilderspool Causeway bridge down onto the Warrington & Altrincham Junction Railway. Opened in 1853 the route followed where the two tracks are to the right. To the left is Manchester Ship Canal Railway Deviation No.3, opened in 1893 to cross the Ship Canal on the bridge at Latchford. The line to Altrincham closed to all traffic beyond a point just out of view in 1985 but this section survives as a headshunt and run-round for Arpley Jn. After 1893 the right hand tracks were taken over by the Ship Canal company to serve premises alongside the Canal. Following closure of those lines in the 1960s, the two tracks, now known as the Football Field sidings, have been retained, again as a headshunt and run-round for Arpley Jn.