20200905_091556.jpg Ashbourne stationThumbnailsMooreAshbourne stationThumbnailsMooreAshbourne stationThumbnailsMooreAshbourne stationThumbnailsMooreAshbourne stationThumbnailsMooreAshbourne stationThumbnailsMooreAshbourne stationThumbnailsMoore
Ashbourne station site, looking roughly southwards. The station here was opened in 1899 by the London and North Western Railway (L&NWR) for their branch from Ashbourne to Parsley Hay, which opened in the same year. Previously, from 1852, Ashbourne had been the terminus of the North Staffordshire Railway (NSR) branch from Rocester on the NSR Churnet Valley line from Uttoxeter through Leek to North Rode; this first station was a short distance further south than the later station. Regular passenger services ceased in 1954, and the route closed to freight traffic in 1963.